Does Running Help You Lose Weight?

13-Year-Old Weight Loss Program


As a parent I must admit I was very skeptical when my 13-year-old daughter started on Weight Watchers Clear. She was quite vocal about how she wanted to lose weight. She was also very excited about the new exercise machine the girls at her school were using. We all watched as she began to lose weight. It was not as easy as it seemed, but she did lose some weight.

13 year old weight loss

So I asked myself, is this good for our children? Our son took a Weight Watchers home fitness class and one of the equipment they use is a Swiss ball. Yes, the exercise balls. I understand this exercise machine helps strengthen the core muscles and that makes your body more resistant to fat gain. However, when you increase the resistance, can the exercise ball cause more harm than good? That is what I wondered when she was complaining that her weight was going up again.

In her case, she lost some weight but she gained it back within a few days. My first concern was what had happened to her protein level? Since she was always telling me that she felt hungry, I assumed she may have missed a meal. Now I know I should have checked with her doctor, but he was out of town on business and I didn't want him to be disturbed by my daughter's behavior.

I checked her records and it turned out she was on an old loss diet called the Blue Light program. Now the only problem with the old loss program was that, she was never monitored and there were no weekly support meetings. As parents, we do our best to help our kids set proper eating habits and this is what worked for our 13-year-old weight loss plan.

Now it is true that, as parents we don't want to see our kids struggle and we don't like to think we may be causing them to struggle, but sometimes we need to exercise our role in their lives. If we feel like we are missing something or are just being overly controlling, then we should step back for a moment. We should monitor their eating habits closely so that they are aware of what is going on and we can make changes when necessary.

I also noticed that she was becoming more lethargic and not trying as hard as she usually would. Now I know that this is partially due to her age but it also could be something else. But I noticed that she wasn't getting as much exercise either. The car keys and the bike seat were the only things she was touching to get her heart rate up. This may not be right for a 13-year-old weight loss program, but as parents we need to be sure that we are doing everything we can to keep our kids active.

It is very important for kids to develop their own interests and to try new things. So we need to monitor their activity level and make changes if needed. It may take time for a 13-year-old weight loss program to work, but if you stay with it your kid will begin to see results and will want to continue. And you never know, when that time comes your child might actually enjoy the weight loss program.

Other ways to help your child lose weight are by diet and exercise programs. There are a wide variety of options out there, including diet pills and supplements. You want to talk to your doctor about these options. Although some people find that diet pills work well, others do not. You may want to talk to your doctor before starting any kind of diet or supplement program.


Comments